Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Reconfirm Email & CB Profile Update Log

• tto
  • tto
12 years 4 months ago #202387 by tto
Hello,

I am using CB Reconfirm Email + CB Profile Update Log

And I have noticed when users change email, it's not logged.

Any advice ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202425 by krileon
The email doesn't change until the user clicks the confirmation link. Once they click the confirmation link it changes, stores the change, and fires the after profile update trigger (believe is the trigger profile update logger uses). Ensure you're using latest release available for download in Professional downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tto
  • tto
12 years 4 months ago #202550 by tto
Hi Krileon

It's showing numbers :

Is it possible to make it show the email ?

thanks,

Regards,

Tariq
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202588 by krileon
For what to show email? That's the activation variable used for confirmation. The after profile update trigger doesn't fire until they actually click the confirmation link. Until that point happens their email address never changed (it stays the old email until they click the confirm link).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tto
  • tto
12 years 4 months ago #202635 by tto
Yes, I understand that. And the capture I attached is for a user who clicked the confirmation link, and his email was changed.

We know his new email from profile, but what email he was using before ??

Isn't this the idea behind "CB Profile Update Log", to keep track of who changed what and when in their profile?

thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202649 by krileon
The onAfterUserUpdate trigger is fired after clicking confirmation. The user object with the new email and old email is also properly passed to the trigger. I've no idea why it's not logging; I did not test it with the update logger. When I've time will review and see if there's a problem with why it won't properly log the change.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon