• entwane
  • entwane
12 years 4 months ago #202416 by entwane
textfield searchable in backend was created by entwane
Hi,

First, sorry for my english.

CB 1.8
J 1.7

In Backend, I'd like to find users by searching the informations included in a text field, without use the advanced search.
For example, I have a text field called "tel number". I'd like to enter one tel number in the search area, and find the corresponding user.
Is it possible ?
Only predefined fields seems to be searchable with the no-advanced search field.

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202431 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: textfield searchable in backend
Backend always has Advanced searching. Just select "is exactly" from the drop-down then input the number you're wanting to search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• entwane
  • entwane
12 years 4 months ago #202434 by entwane
Replied by entwane on topic Re: textfield searchable in backend
Thanks for your response.

But I don't want to use the advanced search.

With my example :
I create a "tel number" text field in profiles.
I want to enter a tel number in the NON-ADVANCED search and find the corresponding user.

Thanks in advance,

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: textfield searchable in backend
You don't have a choice. Backend always uses Advanced to provide the most optimal searching of users for user management. If you're meaning for frontend on a userlist then select "Simple is" or "Simple any" as its search mode while editing the userlist in userlist management.

I want to enter a tel number in the NON-ADVANCED search and find the corresponding user.

Select "is exactly" then input whatever you're wanting to search. It's the same as searching on the field without advanced (Simply "is").

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon