Auto Action and time event ?

• userpic36
  • userpic36
12 years 4 months ago #202421 by userpic36
Auto Action and time event ? was created by userpic36
Is it possible to fire CB Auto-Actions on time events like:
once a week, once a month ...
one week after registration ...

We want to send email when users have not filled their profile, but we should send that only once a week for example. If there is not time on such action it will be fired every second up to the point the user fills the field!
We do not see any possibility to do that with Auto-action.

regards
jf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202433 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Action and time event ?
Nope, it's not designed for timed triggering. I suppose you can try forcing a trigger to fire on only 1 day a week using the date substitution. Example as follows.

[cb:date format="l" /] -> Equal To -> Monday

You could go even further to have it check a field if they've been reminded already.

[cb_reminder] -> Equal To -> 0

You'd then want a second field action to set that to 1 based off the same conditions (just copy the email action and change it to a field action then set the field to 1). You could then have another action that resets it to 0 on days other then Monday.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• userpic36
  • userpic36
12 years 4 months ago #202570 by userpic36
Replied by userpic36 on topic Re: Auto Action and time event ?
Thank you, this helps.

Would it be possible to activate an action with a CRON job ?
(this would allow different timing).

For that I would need to know the URL of the auto-action, so that the Cron job fetches this URL, and doing that, activatse the action.

In short what is the URL format to activate an action, using the auto-action Id?

regards,
JF

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202593 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Action and time event ?

Would it be possible to activate an action with a CRON job ?

I suppose so if that CRON for whatever reason perform an action that caused a CB trigger to fire. Such as after login or profile view triggers. Auto Actions doesn't have any built in CRON support through; that's not its intended purpose or how it works.

In short what is the URL format to activate an action, using the auto-action Id?

There isn't one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon