Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago #202472 by dotcom22
CBSubs from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 was created by dotcom22
hello

I have a website under J 1.5 with Cbsubs installed and I plan to make a new website at 90% similar under Joomla 2.5. Instead to re-install all CB stuff from the scratch (and starting to create again all custom fields, tabs, plans, configuration settings) on my new website, I wondering if is possible to simply dump all CB + Cbsubs database tables and import them inside my new J 2.5 site. I imagine this can be possible but probably before installing CB + Cbsubs under my J 2.5 site.

Any clue please ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
No you can't do a database dump. At least not without a lot of repair to accesslevel and usergroup usage as they're all changed compared to J1.5. Best approach is to use jUpgrade and migrate your install as the CB integration in it should do the accesslevel and usergroup repairs for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 4 months ago #202484 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
sorry I don't understand well..

In fact I plan to setup the new J 2.5 site exactly like the J 1.5 site that mean I will not create special user/access/level group. I will simply use the default setup Registered + Author + Super Admin group. I will also not need to import existent users of my J 1.5 in the new 2.5 site.

If I'm not wrong CB and Cbsubs are compatible both J 1.5 and J 2.5 using the same component/plugin so normally all database table are the same...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202489 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5
The accesslevels and usergroups in J2.5 are not the same as those in J1.5. They have same names, but different values. This means if you directly copy database tables over they will not work, because the accesslevels and usergroups will not match. The install needs to be migrated and the only migration we support is jUpgraded, even if all you use it for is to help migrate your CB tables and Joomla users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon