Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 - DB only?

12 years 4 months ago #203292 by gianpietro
Migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 - DB only? was created by gianpietro
Hi,

I have a site in J1.5 and a new version in a separate server running J2.5.
Is there a way to migrate the database only? for example support of SP Upgrade or some way of doing it manually?
Or is the only safe way to migrate would be to upgrade my original J1.5 site to J2.5 with JUpgrade?

Thanks,
Gianpietro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #203332 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 - DB only?
Use jUpgrade to properly migrate CB. We support no other migration method. You can not directly move database as accesslevel and usergroup IDs have changed in J2.5. You'd have to go through and correct all accesslevel and usergroup usage if you directly migrated your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gianpietro

12 years 4 months ago #203364 by gianpietro
Replied by gianpietro on topic Re: Migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 - DB only?
hi krileon,
Then, would it be possible to migrate from J1.5 to J2.5 using jUpgrade, and once that's done move the tables from the server to another J2.5 server? it would be like a database migration between alike Joomla/CB versions.
Thing is, I'm looking to move my web to a brand new Joomla 2.5 installation.
Thanks,
Gianpietro

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #203388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 - DB only?

Then, would it be possible to migrate from J1.5 to J2.5 using jUpgrade, and once that's done move the tables from the server to another J2.5 server?

Yes, you could certainly do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon