Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Searching in lists with regex?

• mapache64
  • mapache64
12 years 3 months ago #203502 by mapache64
Searching in lists with regex? was created by mapache64
Hi, I have some lists of persons and want to search e.g. in an area of the zip-code like show me the zips from 79*** or show me 79000...80000. Is this possible? And when, how?

Thanks al lot for all help.
greetings
Mapache

The Test-site here: ae.die-marketingmacher.de/ then go to "Mitglieder" > "Mitglieder-Suche"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203537 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Searching in lists with regex?
If it's an integer field then it'll already allow you to search between 2 values. Text fields can't do between values searching. There's no regex searching however, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mapache64
  • mapache64
12 years 3 months ago #204016 by mapache64
Replied by mapache64 on topic Re: Searching in lists with regex?
Hi krileon,

thanks for your tip. You are right, the zip-field was only text now i changed to integer.

But now I have a new problem because in Germany we have zip-Codes like "09132" with a Zero at the beginning. So i switch the integer to "unsigned zerofill". O.k. this part works. But now there a people from Switzerland with only 4digit-zipcodes. They have now already a "0" in front.

Any Idea how the go one??

greetings
Mapache

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204053 by krileon
You can't have leading zeros for an integer field unfortunately. If you assume everyone is going to have a leading zero you could use a delimiter field to display the field instead of letting it display normally (e.g. 0[cb_zip]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mapache64
  • mapache64
12 years 3 months ago #204065 by mapache64
Replied by mapache64 on topic Re: Searching in lists with regex?
Thanks krileon,

I know this part, for that I use "unsigned zerofill" and the field is limited to 5 digits. It is working for Germany, other country now I will make a little workaround. not perfect but we only have 30 Personsoutside.

The task at least is to make it possible to search zip-code in a range. Perhaps you know a quite other solution?

If not, we can close this thread.

Thanks and a good day
Mapache

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204095 by krileon
Not aware of any other solution except creating a new fieldtype plugin specific to zipcode usage as PHP functions used to sanitize integer fields will remove leading zeros all the time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon