Skip to Content Skip to Menu

IS there any tutorial for cb conditional field?

• flatmatch
  • flatmatch
12 years 3 months ago #203793 by flatmatch
Hi,

In the configuration of a field, sometimes the options of conditional fields are displayed, sometimes no. I don't understand.

Is there any guide to explain how to configure a condition registration form with cb conditional fields plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203802 by krileon
Not all fields can be conditioned. There is no guide, the configuration is self explanatory. Select how you want to condition; either it self or other fields. Then select, depending on display, the field to condition from or the operator to use in conditional comparison. For example you can select the operator of Equal To then a value of 123. Now select to hide Field A. This means if the field is equal to 123 it'll hide Field A; otherwise it'll show it.

There maybe a tutorial with CB Conditional usage explained below in our tutorials link.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials

There is also the below video.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-conditional-short-review

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lbaril
  • lbaril
12 years 2 months ago #207891 by lbaril
I don't think that it is self explanatory.
i am trying to use cb conditional with select field, let's say a color field.
If selected color is green or blue, I want a second field to show up but not for any other color.
In the backend for the second field, I tried to set up 2 equal conditions, one for blue, one for green but only the second condition is taken into account.
I also tried with only one condition (does contain) but I cannot seem to find the right syntax for the sql equivalent of : IN (blue,green)
please can you help ?
thanks
Lydia

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #207906 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. I've just explained how to setup something like that in my previous post. The configuration guides you step by step. Each configuration also has descriptions describing what it does. Another example as follows.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: Color
Operator: Equal To
Value: Green
Mode: Show

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lbaril
  • lbaril
12 years 2 months ago #207908 by lbaril
yes I know your exemple works, the problem is when you have more than one condition.
How do you set up two or more conditions ?

Condition 1
Value: Green

Condition 2:
Value: blue

Only one condition works : the second.

it is also true that for more conditions, only the last condition works.

Plus is there a way to put these 2 conditions into 1 ?
Condition :
Value: blue OR green

thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #207919 by krileon
You're conditioning the fields self based off the same field twice. That won't work. Try the below.

Operator: Is REGEX
Value: /Green|Blue/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: lbaril

Moderators: beatnantkrileon