Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Admin can login but no other users can

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203839 by jabrister
What do I need to do? Admin can login, but no other registered users can login. This is the message I see after I enter in the registered users credentials in the login:

You cannot access the private section of this site.

You have successfully logged in
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203942 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Admin can login but no other users can
You've set the Joomla menu link to CB as something other then public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203985 by jabrister
Replied by jabrister on topic Re: Admin can login but no other users can
1) You are here: Home

You cannot access the private section of this site.

You have successfully logged in

Please log in or register to view or modify your profile.

Thanks for the reply. Just checked everything and it's all set to public. The "User Menu" is set to public - Reg User Menu (Public in left)<- I just changed that one from "Registered" to "Public" & I still get the error message above.

2) What is CB Details & should I set that to "Default Page"?

Should I set the menu location for CB Details to the "Main Menu" or to "User Menu"?

Is my problem above related to where I set the menu location for "User Menu" when I created it to house community builder? :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jabrister.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203998 by krileon
It's either a permissions issue or a Joomla menu issues. I believe it's a Joomla menu issue though. Disable SEF, enable debug mode and maximum error reporting, then try to access the URL and monitor the Itemid in the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204032 by jabrister
Replied by jabrister on topic Re: Admin can login but no other users can
I don't believe SEF is on (how can I check?). I have URL rewriting set to "no".

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204088 by krileon
If SEF is already disabled then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to login again and see if there are any fatal errors. I'm not sure what more to tell you as there's some sort of access permission issue somewhere. Whether it be through the Permissions under Options or throughout Joomla or simply be the menu link.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon