Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Admin can login but no other users can

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204114 by jabrister
Replied by jabrister on topic Re: Admin can login but no other users can
After setting error reporting to "Maximum", when I try to login I get the same message:

You are here: Home
You cannot access the private section of this site.
You have successfully logged in
Please log in or register to view or modify your profile.

However, when I tried to register a new user, I got the following error messages:

Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /nfs/c01/h13/mnt/11778/domains/referencesrus.com/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 359

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c01/h13/mnt/11778/domains/referencesrus.com/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 370

Then again I got the above message when logging in with the new user...
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jabrister.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204124 by jabrister
I found this on the web somewhere and I think it's related to my issue. I don't understand the following that may be related to my issue (is this kind of what you were so graciously pointing out to me?):

When you set up a module you assign it to one or more menu items. If you are trying to put a menu in a module you need to create a new module (menu module) and assign the menu to the module when you create it, then assign the module to a position on your page and the menu will appear on your page.

'Module Assignment for this Menu Item' allows you to assign different modules to load on the page when a user selects that menu item.

Please illuminate this for me and/or point out where I could go to read up (or watch you tube videos) on it.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204125 by jabrister
Here's the settings for "Menu Manager: Edit Menu Item"

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jabrister.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204126 by jabrister
I was able to have a user other than admin login! :woohoo: I had to change the Joomla>Global Config>Permission>Registered to Allowed. I changed both Site Login & Admin Login to Aloud. Does the Admin really have to be allowed in Permissions->Registered->Action?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Admin can login but no other users can
Do not give Registered users admin login. Registered permissions should look as follows.

Site > Global Configuration > Permissions

If issue persists after fixing permissions please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabrister

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #204231 by jabrister
I fixed it with the permisions

Moderators: beatnantkrileon