Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Restrict CB User List to certain user groups only

• citydan
  • citydan
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203843 by citydan
I have a user group called Job Seekers that contains only my Job Seeker user group, which is controlled by CBSubs (once you activate the cbsubs membership of Job Seeker Profile, it changes your user group to "Job Seeker")

I want to restrict this user list so that it is only viewable and searchable by other members who are in the user group "Company", also controlled by CB Subs.

How do I go about this? I have a user list for all members that is publicly viewable, and want to keep it that way. I'm just keeping my Job Seeker "resume database" private for Companies only. I have created a menu item and edited it in PHPMyAdmin so that my "Members" menu item points to my 'all users' list, but then the drop-down appears that lets anyone also see the 'job seekers' list.

Your advice?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #203944 by krileon
If you're on J2.5 then navigate to Users > Access Levels and create a new view access level that contains the usergroups you want to view the userlist. Once done edit your userlist and set "View Access Level:" to that new access level you just created (you'll want to do the same for the menu link). On J1.5 simply edit the userlist and select the usergroups that are allowed to view the userlist (no solution for menu link as J1.5 doesn't allow custom access levels).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• citydan
  • citydan
12 years 3 months ago #204118 by citydan
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon