Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Using Auto Actions to send a private message

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #203897 by nickr
I've been trying to figure out how to use auto actions plugin to send a private message but can't get it to work so decided to ask for some help.

Scenario: I have created a link that is on users profiles for others to send a standard request to them by PM. Currently the link only opens UddeIM and the user needs to enter the message text. I want the text to be prefilled with something like "Please send me one of those, thanks" - not sure yet if it should be sent straight away at that point or if the user can edit the text so need both options explaining.

What are the steps for setting up Auto Actions to do this?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #203904 by nant
I am not so sure you can do this with an auto-action.

Perhaps you should study the CB Autowelcome plugin to see how it works and make a CB plugin of your own to do this.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #203909 by nickr
Not sure my coding skills are up to it but I will take a look!

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203959 by krileon
CB Auto Actions can't do as you're wanting. It can't prefill content in UddeIM nor force the send. It does have a "Private Message" action to send a private message on a CB trigger however, but clicking a URL to UddeIM is not a CB trigger. It would have to be for example after profile update, after login, after registration, etc..

Reviewed UddeIM source and it doesn't allow passing "pmessage" to the textarea from URL. It has to be passed in a POST. So you'd need to make modifications to UddeIM for what you're wanting or edit your URL to be a FORM with a POST instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon