Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect privacy and terms accept

12 years 3 months ago #204177 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: CB Connect privacy and terms accept

krileon wrote: as far as I am aware there's no law requiring terms and conditions to be separate from privacy.

In Italy yes. :(

We must provide a text area showing terms and conditions and 2 radio buttons "accept" and "not accept"; and another text area showing the privacy policy and another 2 radio buttons.

That's what we need to be sure to stay in the law... booooooring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204202 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect privacy and terms accept
This is something we can add with CB 2.0 as CB only has terms and conditions.

In the mean time if you're using Facebook simply edit your App then under "Auth Dialog" configure URLs for both the below.

Privacy Policy URL
Terms of Service URL

This will require them to accept the terms when using the application. You can also further configure the dialog from there if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204255 by deltafidesign

krileon wrote: This is something we can add with CB 2.0 as CB only has terms and conditions.

In the mean time if you're using Facebook simply edit your App then under "Auth Dialog" configure URLs for both the below.

Privacy Policy URL
Terms of Service URL

This will require them to accept the terms when using the application. You can also further configure the dialog from there if you like.

Thanks Kyle,

I think I'll wait for CB 2.0 for the moment. I hope you can implement such feature in CB 2.0 'cause I also need to store those data into DB. For privacy law we must provide, to users who request, the proof that he/she accepted the privacy and terms.

So, that's what I would be featured in CB 2.0:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- a text area (only readeble) that shows terms and conditions (this can be already done using a textarea field and insert a readonly parameter)
- a text that specify: "I read TERMS AND CONDITIONS and... etc... etc... " (this can be a delimiter field)
- 2 radio buttons: "accept" and "NO accept" (but if "no accept", registration process cannot go on)

PRIVACY POLICY
- a text area (only readeble) that shows privacy policy (this can be already done using a textarea field and insert a readonly parameter)
- a text that specify: "I read PRIVACY POLICY and... etc... etc... " (this can be a delimiter field)
- 2 radio buttons: "accept" and "NO accept" (but if "no accept", registration process cannot go on)

So, according to this I think everything can work fine at moment too (I've already done it in my sites) except for radio button where I must stop registration process if "NO accept" (using conditional plugin and some css tricks I can solve it anyway...).

Anyway I cannot let it work with CB connect plugin, 'cause it only show me terms and condition check.

Could be easier implement a feature in CB connect plugin to choose which fields should be shown and filled to complete registration process?

At moment CB connect plugin asks e-mail and Terms and conditions check; I would it asks all fields I choose. Could be possible?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by deltafidesign.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204287 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect privacy and terms accept
You can do all this already with standard CB using fields, but for CB Connect you can't.

Could be easier implement a feature in CB connect plugin to choose which fields should be shown and filled to complete registration process?

You can edit the plugin and try adding this. It has functions to check for incomplete registration and functions for displaying then storing the incomplete registration page. All this is in class.cbconnect.php.

At moment CB connect plugin asks e-mail and Terms and conditions check; I would it asks all fields I choose. Could be possible?

No, not at this time. The plan is to eventually render an incomplete registration form if any required fields values are missing, but the API isn't really there to do this.

It's possible you're just going to have to forego using CB Connect due to your local laws. I don't know what more to tell you other then edit it to fit your needs. You have to understand the plugin must remain generic. You are one of many thousands using it and it can't be specific to your case. Most people do not have issues with privacy or terms and conditions as Facebook auth dialog handles this it self. It won't even work if they deny the terms and conditions or privacy through the dialog so they wouldn't even register.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #204328 by deltafidesign

krileon wrote: No, not at this time. The plan is to eventually render an incomplete registration form if any required fields values are missing, but the API isn't really there to do this.

That would be sufficient for my case if implemented in future 'cause I can redirect users to registration form setted to be in laws for my case.

Thanks for replies Kyle.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon