Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Why are do I have 2 Forum tabs in Profile Page?

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #203988 by jabrister
I have Kunena installed & running. Why are do I have 2 Forum tabs in the CB Profile page and please tell me how to get rid of one of them? Will that ruin any of the functionality of the forums? Do I indeed have 2 forums active? Is there a default Joomla forum? Both tabs lead to Kunena, but they have slightly different interfaces.

Also, what's the difference between the "Board Catagories" and "Main Forum"? I would like registered users to only have the "Main Forum" as an option (as seems to be the case with the Joomlapolis support forum), how can I accomplish this?

PS: how do i successfully add an attachment?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jabrister.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204000 by krileon
Please attach a screenshot of each tab. The only way you can end up with 2 is if you install CB Forums then you end up with a tab from CB Forums and a tab from Forum integration. Check CB > Tab Management for the tabs and disable whichever you don't want.

Also, what's the difference between the "Board Catagories" and "Main Forum"? I would like registered users to only have the "Main Forum" as an option (as seems to be the case with the Joomlapolis support forum), how can I accomplish this?

Don't understand the question. See Kunena configuration for configuration of Kunena and creation of board categories.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jabrister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon