Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom packager and installer not working

12 years 3 months ago #204133 by sciencefiction
Custom packager and installer not working was created by sciencefiction
I am trying to install a CB-1.8.1 + all addons package into J-2.5.6. After the package upload finishes the Joomla extension manager install page refreshes and shows nothing: no errors or messages it just looks the normal manager page and CB appears not to be installed. Help please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204193 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Custom packager and installer not working
Upload memory limit or POST memory limit most likely. A full package is like 12mb. The standard upload limit from most hosts is 2mb. Please increase your maximum upload limit and maximum post limit to at minimum 16mb. Contact your host regarding best method to increase these values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #204241 by sciencefiction
Replied by sciencefiction on topic Re: Custom packager and installer not working
Ah yes, I forgot about that since this not a regular issue. I increased the upload size but still not working, so I uploaded the package via cpanel and used the 'Install from URL' option. A new popup window opens and the main component gets installed successfully but none of the extra addons are installed for some reason. The original window sits with the spinning circle thing going as shown in this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/202428-solved-hanging-cb-packager?limit=6&start=6

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204278 by krileon
The upload size and post size both need increased. Once done attempt to install. If it stalls install then please take a screenshot of the page you're seeing. Please note it could take awhile as it has to install everything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #204365 by sciencefiction
Replied by sciencefiction on topic Re: Custom packager and installer not working
I have increased both upload size and post size, that didn't work.

Now I am attempting to install the package using the Install from URL option from a temp folder on the server. Popup window installs main component but nothing else while original windows stalls as shown in attached screencap. I increased the session lifetime to 60 mins and let it sit on the page but it times out after 60 min and no addons are installed.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204386 by krileon
For CB to install it has to perform its second step. It'll display a pop-up where this second step will take place. If you've a pop-up blocker then this pop-up won't happen and the install will stall. This was recently fixed, but your package is probably cached with older installer. New release will detect pop-up was blocked and offer a way to manually open it. Please disable pop-up blocker in your browser and try again.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon