Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Privacy - Updating

• AchLive
  • AchLive
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204165 by AchLive
CB Privacy - Updating was created by AchLive
Hello, I installed the plug-in Cb Privacy. Very good as everyone else. But I have found of possible improvements that would make it even more powerful.
I refer to the activation managing privacy for hidden fields and the elimination of the choices on the registration form.
I found in forge forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2168 on the patch that seems to have solved the problems. Unfortunately I do not know how to install the patch. But I wonder, given that they exist, will be updated when the new version that is stopped from 06.02.2011? It may also be important to update because I have noticed in my searches on the forum that these changes are calling too many and then the plugin would become very powerful.
If you would like to have another piece of information through this post. How do we get news of updates to cb plugin installed through Joomla version 2.5? This is possible?
Thanks as always for your time. I hope to have a positive response :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by AchLive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204197 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy - Updating
CB Plugins can't use Joomlas updater, it has no idea CB Plugins even exist. With CB 2.0 we'll be reviewing implementing our own updater for plugins. For now you just need to occasionally check back with us to see if a new update is available.

Regarding the forge entry you can apply patches through an IDE such as Netbeans or DIFF programs such as Winmerge, etc.. I do not recommend applying patches unless you're absolutely sure you know how. They are not security reviewed are only slightly tested. Ideally yes patches will be implemented into next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AchLive
  • AchLive
12 years 3 months ago #204258 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Re: CB Privacy - Updating
Thanks for the reply.
He has an idea of when it launches the 2.0 version of CB and the new release of CB Privacy?
If I wanted to do the patch for CB Privacy I run them all in the order they were released or just apply the latest?
Thanks again for your support.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204289 by krileon
We're hoping to have a beta of CB 2.0 out by end of year. Regarding CB Privacy, I've no idea; we're swamped with tasks as is and suppose will get to it when we can.

If I wanted to do the patch for CB Privacy I run them all in the order they were released or just apply the latest?

Patch is for the latest. Please don't apply a patch unless you absolutely know what you're doing as it's possible to break the plugin or your install if it is not applied properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• AchLive
  • AchLive
12 years 3 months ago #204355 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Re: CB Privacy - Updating

krileon wrote: Patch is for the latest. Please don't apply a patch unless you absolutely know what you're doing as it's possible to break the plugin or your install if it is not applied properly.

I thank you again for the answers and the advice not to apply the patch if I do not know how. But there's a guide somewhere that explains this subject? To learn to apply the patch?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204383 by krileon
It depends on what operating system you're on. If you're on Windows then WinMerge does quite a good job at applying diff patches. Never had a linux so can't suggest anything there, but I suspect there are similar programs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AchLive

Moderators: beatnantkrileon