Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GJ Group Message Privacy

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204196 by pheinrichs
[SOLVED] GJ Group Message Privacy was created by pheinrichs
How do you set the privacy on group messages so that the message itself is not included in the resulting email? I know this is possible with UDDEIM for private messages but Group Messages seems to use its own system.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Group Message Privacy
Not include the message in the message? I don't understand the point? The purpose is to send a mass PM or mass email to the group users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #204213 by pheinrichs
Replied by pheinrichs on topic Re: GJ Group Message Privacy
What I mean is that I want an email notification but I don't want it to include the actual message. This is the case when users send PM's (using uddeim) but doesn't seem to be the case when using the "Message Users" button under the Group Menu.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Group Message Privacy
If you email them and don't include the message then they'll never get the message. If you want it to send them a PM and have UddeIM send them a notification then set the notification method within GJ configuration to be PMS instead of Email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

12 years 3 months ago #204220 by pheinrichs
Replied by pheinrichs on topic Re: GJ Group Message Privacy
Ok, thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon