Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Specific use of connections with Auto Actions

• emthev
  • emthev
12 years 3 months ago #204260 by emthev
Hello,

I have a specific need, I try to explain : the users can chose different structures where they work in a multi-dropdown field. I want to create a field in the profile to show all the users working in the same structure as the user himself (a kind of list showing avatar image and name only).
I first created a field delimiter with the query code :
Code:
`cb_country` LIKE '%[cb_country]%'
But it didn't seem to work.

So now I have another idea : I would like to use the connections with Auto Actions to automatically create the relations with the structure. I created an auto action with the type "connection" but it doesn't work... I think it could be possible.

Do you think it's possible ? If yes, how ? Maybe another way ?
Thanks for your help because I don't know what to do... :)

I hope my explanation is clear :)

Thank you !!!!!

Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204263 by nant
If I understand your request you will need to create a user list that dynamically filters off viewer field.

I believe there is such an example in the CB detailed documentation which you have access to.

• emthev
  • emthev
12 years 3 months ago #204283 by emthev
Thanks for your answer

Yes, that's it but I would like to publish this automatic userlist inside the profile, like any other field... That's why I thought about delimiter field or Auto Actions for that. Maybe is there a way to publish a userlist inside a profile ?

If no, how could I create this automatic list ? With Auto Actions ?

Thanks for your help :)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204303 by krileon
Userlists can't be inside of profiles. You don't need CB Auto Actions to create a dynamic list based off view field. Simply use substitutions in your userlists Advanced filter. Examples as follows (advanced filter).

`cb_city` = '[cb_city]'

Documentation available for download in Advanced downloads section details such usage further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• emthev
  • emthev
12 years 3 months ago #204398 by emthev
Hi krileon,

Sorry, I didn't explain correctly... I don't want a list based on viewer field : the list must be the same for every visitor. Persons and structures have profiles, each of them : profile-people and profile-structure. I just want a list of this kind, inside the profile "structure A" :
Code:
cb_structure = 'A'
to show all profiles-people that have said they work for this structure. I hope it's understandable...

It could be a list (option 1) but based on the viewed (not viewer) field. Furthermore, my problem is to make this appear inside the profile-structure, like a field or a tab... It's the only obligation I have. That's why I thought about the connections (option 2) : to connect profile-people and profile-structure easily...In this case, I would need to know how to automatize the connections between the profiles, depending of the value of the multi-dropdown field (structure). People can work for several structures also...

What do you think ? What would be the best way to organize it ?
I hope you understand my problem, it's not easy to explain in english, sorry :)

Thanks again for your help :)

Em

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204403 by krileon
You can't have a userlist inside of a user profile.

If you want to filter a userlist you create from CB > Userlist Management then use the Basic filters to do this. See your documentation for further usage information.

Best solution is to create a plugin to do exactly what you want, but if you've no PHP knowledge that'd be next to impossible. Easiest approach is to just use a CB Userlist and add a link to that userlist to users profiles using a delimiter field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon