Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Forums plugin acting up on K2

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204525 by fribse2011
CB Forums plugin acting up on K2 was created by fribse2011
I've moved the forum to K2.0.1
After doing that I've had a look at the forum integration.
With the native integration, I see this:

Gender is shown, and the rank-icons are not our own icons (basic integration).

With the CB Forums plugin, I see this:

Notice that the name is not shown for the first post
Rank icons are not shown, and number of posts are not shown.
Also, there is no colours on the online / offline.

With both of them, I see this:

Now the rank is shown and everything else. except the name on the first post is shown.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by fribse2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forums plugin acting up on K2
Rank image is bugged in both Forum integration and CB Forums. Forum integration is fixed in CB 1.8.2 or by the below bug ticket. CB Forums will be fixed in its next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3586

Regarding the sidebar display CB Forums doesn't alter it unless you configure it to do so within CB Forums > Config > Models > Kunena 2.0 > Sidebar. Even then it's purely substitution and HTML based so it only displays however you configure it to display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• hkymre
  • hkymre
12 years 3 months ago #204628 by hkymre
Replied by hkymre on topic Re: CB Forums plugin acting up on K2
I'm seeing a similar issue with total posts not being displayed.
I've disabled the Forum Intergration plugin
For CB Forums I've created new fields for posts & thank you's

I've got this code in the sidebar
Code:
<ul class="kpost-profile"> <li class="kpost-username"><a rel="nofollow" title="" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=[user_id]&Itemid=304" class="kwho-user">[cb:userfield field="formatname"/]</a></li> <li class="kpost-avatar"><a rel="nofollow" title="" href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=[user_id]&Itemid=304" class="kwho-admin"><span class="kavatar">[cb:userfield field="avatar"/]</span></a></li> <li>[cb:userfield field="onlinestatus"/]</li> <li class="kpost-userposts">Posts: [cb:userfield field="cb_totalposts"/]</li> <li class="kpost-usertyr">Thanks: [cb:userfield field="cb_thankyou"/]</li> <li>[cb:userfield field="cb_planimage"/]</li> <a href="/component/uddeim/?task=new&recip= [user_id]" title="Click here to send a private message to this user."> <span class="kicon-profile kicon-profile-pm" alt="Click here to send a private message to this user."/> </a> </ul>
The strange thing is it appears random - sometime user A has no stats, then he does but User B no longer has stats

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204632 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: CB Forums plugin acting up on K2
I just figured out part of this.
The problem is that the examples given are using the fields published by the 'Forum Integration' plugin, so when that is disabled, it's going to fail to show the fields attached to the plugin.
So I created similar fields myself, and directed the plugin and sidebar to these fields, and now most of the values are displayed.
I also have a strange problem with the tabs.
There is a new forum tab connected to the CB Forums plugin, but for some reason I cannot attach the fields I set up above to that tab, it doesn't appear as a choice???
To get the eg. forumsignature shown, I need to create a seperate tab, and choose that.
Currently though, I don't see the signature shown in the CB tab, though it's still shown when I post something in the forum.

It could be a question of field type?

And how about forumorder, and viewtype, what kind of fields are those supposed to be?

Currently the sidebar looks like this, which is quite close to what it should, except the first post in the thread, does not show the name, karma, rank or posts, but the other posts does:

Another example:

So problems remaining:

1) Signature is not shown in the tab / field in CB
2) First post in a thread does not show name, karma, rank or posts.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by fribse2011.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forums plugin acting up on K2

There is a new forum tab connected to the CB Forums plugin, but for some reason I cannot attach the fields I set up above to that tab, it doesn't appear as a choice???

CB Forums tab doesn't allow fields to be placed on it. Most plugin tabs don't.

You can use CB Forums and Forum integration at the same time if you're using CB 1.8.1 and latest CB Forums. What you need to do is ensure Forum integration is set to Kunena then you've set the sidebar in Forum integration to be "Basic". Now navigate to CB Forums > Config > Model > Kunena 2.0 > Sidebar and there you configure the sidebar with substitutions and HTML. This will allow you to continue to use the Forum integration fields while using CB Forums for display.

2) First post in a thread does not show name, karma, rank or posts.

No idea what's causing this as can't duplicate here. Maybe it's just some sort of strange CSS issue hiding the contents.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• hkymre
  • hkymre
12 years 3 months ago #204791 by hkymre
Replied by hkymre on topic Re: CB Forums plugin acting up on K2
On my localhost version of the site it looks ok - post count & thank you count is working.

On the live site the first post on each page doesn't have the count - and any other posts from the same user on the same page are also missing the count.

Going to take a new backup of the live site and install it locally and see what happens - I thought initially my localhost had the same problem so I tried the Beez template and it worked. Went back to original template and it still worked so need to check exactly what I changed

Moderators: beatnantkrileon