Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB privacy CSS

• nicophp
  • nicophp
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #204870 by nicophp
[SOLVED] CB privacy CSS was created by nicophp
Probably a stupid question as not have seen similar topic.

Ref.: Joomla 2.5.6 / CB 1.8.1 / CB privacy 1.3

CB privacy is not giving me any problem to set it up but his height yes. See picture.

Have tried, without any success, with a standard Beez template and default CB profile template to see if it was due my templates.

Thanks for giving me a tip for the standard presentation and even more to have something more attractive

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #204961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB privacy CSS
You'll need to right click and inspect (most browsers, otherwise use Firebug for Firefox) and see what CSS is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nicophp
  • nicophp
12 years 3 months ago #205075 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: CB privacy CSS
I'm really struggling because I made the test with:
IE 8
IE 9
Chrome 20.0.1132.57
... and it's perfect!!

I only meet this problem with FF 13.0.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205078 by krileon
All 3 of those browsers are different rendering engines so they're not expected to behave the same. Maybe you've a FF addon doing this, I don't know. Best approach is if it's happening on FF is to install Firebug then inspect the dropdown to see if there's CSS causing the odd display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nicophp
  • nicophp
12 years 3 months ago #205138 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re: CB privacy CSS
Thanks for your collaboration

Years that I'm using Firebug and nothing to get out of it this time.

After investigating and trying everything during hours and hours, I noticed problems with some "Data types" in the cb.privacy.php file.

Even if I don't like to hack the codes, suppressing some "Data types" from the cb.privacy.php solved the problem.

If can helps, have made a short list of accepted and banned "Data types"
- OK -
√
…
†
◊

- Not OK -
⇔
∴
⌊
⊗

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205205 by krileon
They're htmlspecialied, they should display just fine and do display just fine in all my tests. No idea why it displays differently for you. Perhaps try upgrading FF as it maybe out of date?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon