Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Forums Parameters

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
12 years 3 months ago #205257 by GoremanX
CB Forums Parameters was created by GoremanX
I've brought this up in the past (many, many months ago), and I was told it would be "fixed when the plugin is rewritten from scratch". That seems to have happened now, but the problem still exists.

For some of the Profile Settings options in the Kunena 2.0 tab (and Kunena 1.7, and Kunena 1.5), I'm required to create a CB field and match it up to its corresponding Kunena option. For example:

Ordering: Select CB field to synchronize model ordering from (values: 0 = Oldest Post First, 1 = Newest Post First).

So I create a field called cb_ordering, and I set the options as 0 and 1. Then I assign it as the "Ordering" field.

But when I view this on the profile page, it looks like this:

There's no way to assign names to the values in a CB field, so I'm presented with just the values 0 and 1 instead. This is pointless.

The same issue is present for Viewtype, Hide Email and Show Online.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forums Parameters
You can assign direct values, language strings, or strings. Please see the below for supported values.

Ordering
_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST
_UE_ORDERING_LATEST
Oldest
Latest

Viewtype
flat
threaded
_UE_VIEWTYPE_FLAT
_UE_VIEWTYPE_THREADED
Flat
Threaded

_UE_MALE
_UE_FEMALE
Male
Female

Show Email/Show Online
_UE_HIDE
_UE_SHOW
_UE_NO
_UE_YES
Hide
Show
No
Yes

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• GoremanX
  • GoremanX
12 years 3 months ago #205433 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: CB Forums Parameters
That does not appear to function as expected:
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forums Parameters
You need to translate the strings for them to display appropriate text. As they're defines you need to do this from the language file and not the cbteamsplugin file of your CB language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon