Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Strange behavior of CB 1.8.1 with my J. 2.5.6

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205365 by whitetigeritaly
Strange behavior of CB 1.8.1 with my J. 2.5.6 was created by whitetigeritaly
I've noted some very strange things:

Too many users with the same photo, persons with the city wrong, photo associate to the wrong person, ...
I noticed the thing when I installed the module "CB Random User" that display a user every page refresh.
I checked the dB and effectively data are wrong.

I'm not able to say if this is happened during the migration from J 1.5 to J. 2.5, but I afraid that something is working badly now because I remember recently a couple of users with another photo and now are different.

How I can verify this?

Thanks in advance
www.common.it/
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by whitetigeritaly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205382 by krileon
Perhaps it's a problem with the module? Have you tried uninstalling it? Do you have caching enabled? If so try disabling it and purging it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205525 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: Strange behavior of CB 1.8.1 with my J. 2.5.6

krileon wrote: Perhaps it's a problem with the module? Have you tried uninstalling it? Do you have caching enabled? If so try disabling it and purging it.

I don't think because the module reads data and doesn't write in the DB.
However I listed the users with CB user list and I see data wrong, double and triple photo, ...

I'm worry about a malicious code somewhere.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205562 by krileon
This could happen is if the id and user_id columns went out of sync in _comprofiler. Both columns should be exactly the same for every user. Could also happen if you've caching enabled and the cache is serving out of date data (almost always does; cache is best for static sites, not dynamic with active communities).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #206729 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: Strange behavior of CB 1.8.1 with my J. 2.5.6

krileon wrote: This could happen is if the id and user_id columns went out of sync in _comprofiler. Both columns should be exactly the same for every user.

The CB Tools can verify this?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206782 by krileon
Yes, CB tools should find such an error.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon