Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Where is the documentation on Conditional Plugin

12 years 3 months ago #205389 by chucknb28409
Hi I am trying to setup a multiple step registration form and I cannot seem to find any documentation on the CB_Conditional plugin. I found a useless video describing what it could do but not instructions on how to get the results shown. I found a forum post where a user was told it was obvious and intuitive, well call me dense but it's not obvious. Somehow when I published the plugin and configured it (if you could call it that) my terms & conditions and Captcha are on the second step and I can see nothing that made that happen. Is there a third party site that has examples or a tutorial?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205396 by krileon
Please see the below steps.

1. Install CB Conditional
2. Enable CB Conditional
3. Click "CB Conditional"
4. Click "Config"
5. Click "Registration"
6. Set "Step by Step" to "Enable"
7. Review CB Registration

Terms & Conditions will always be on the last step, that's how it's designed.

CB Captcha doesn't actually have a tab and does not render as a normal tab. So CB Conditional tries to give it one and thus CB Captcha will always be its own Step (not changeable unless you alter the jQuery).

To add more steps navigate to CB > Tab Management and create a new tab (this will be your step). Now navigate to CB > Field Management and add fields to the new tab and set them to display on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205402 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: Where is the documentation on Conditional Plugin
I am not sure why but until I created a new tab, the tab selection did not appear during field creation. As soon as I created a new tab the selection box appeared when I selected a field to edit or created a new one. Is that supposed to happen? Once that happened then yes it is intuitive but that first step of creating the tab to turn on tab selection in the fields was not obvious.

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205408 by krileon
No idea, Contact Info is a system tab and allows fields to be placed on it. So it should always be select-able unless you've maybe disabled it or removed it from database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205409 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: Where is the documentation on Conditional Plugin
Ok now something else strange happened. Now the required icon disappeared, even though though I have several fields marked as required. Just for grins I turned on all icons in the general settings and the icons still do not appear, they were there before I created the second tab???

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205412 by krileon
If you set CB Conditional to change the required state of a field it'll remove the icon and add it back in if the condition is met to make it required again. Did you configure any conditions for any fields? If no conditions are configured then perhaps your field isn't marked as required as step by step doesn't touch the icons.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon