Skip to Content Skip to Menu

core menu items links

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205599 by jakobe75
core menu items links was created by jakobe75
I have tried searching this in the forums but not finding exactly what I am looking for.
since I dont think I know the exact proper terminology.

can you point me in the right direction?

I want to create my own CB tab core menu items.

I know there are many possibilities of what to display.

and I am using them on a few sites very nicely,...however I dont have the complete list of the possibilities.

where can I find this? a link to a forum post, a page# in the manual..etc, anything would be helpful.

ultimately my goal is just to have a button that says "report this listing" then uses the standard, "report to moderator" function.

but I want to customize it and the others a buit more....having a list would be helpful.

thanks
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jakobe75. Reason: typo king

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: core menu items links
You can only add 2 custom URLs by editing CB Menu. Aside from that you must use a new CB plugin that utilizes the API to extend the menu (see FBC as it adds a menu link). You also can't customize the report page via URL without editing the source code for it to do such a thing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205617 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re: core menu items links
I have a custom menu working similar to this on another dev site..its sloppy but it produces what I expect.

however I cant get it to produce all the items I want, because I dont know the tags to enter.

example:

<div>[menu style="color:black; "caption="- Edit Your Profile - "img=""] _UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEPROFILE [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="- View Your Profile - " img=""] _UE_MENU_VIEW : _UE_MENU_VIEWMYPROFILE [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="Manage Favorites - " img=""] _UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_MENU_MANAGEMYCONNECTIONS [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="Add as Favorite -" img=""]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTION [/menu] </div>

this give a sloppy horizontal menu with three items on it.
- View own profile
- Manage favorites
- Add as favorite

are you saying its not possible to add all the menu commands into a custom menu?
such as message inbox and report user?

unfortunately the standard vertical CB core menu is huge on this template and there's no place to put it, it has to horizontal.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by jakobe75.

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205634 by jakobe75
okay getting closer I think

this will add the "report user" to my custom menu

[menu style="color:black;" caption="Report Listing -" img=""] _UE_MENU_MODERATE : _UE_REPORTUSER [/menu]

now I cant figure out how to add "Message Inbox" to the custom menu.

in my current vertical CB core menu I have it working just fine..

first menu name: add message button
First Sub-Menu Name: Message Inbox
First Sub-Menu URL: index.php?option=com_supermessenger

so how would this translate into the custom menu?

firebug pulls this up as the menu entry
_UE_TEAMCREDITS_CB

and looking into cb.menu.php I can see some other options.

but creating this.....

[menu style="color:black; "caption="- Message Inbox - "img="" ] _UE_TEAMCREDITS_CB : _UE_TEAMCREDITS_CB [/menu]

or this....

[menu style="color:black; "caption="- Message Inbox - "img="" ] _UE_TEAMCREDITS_CB : $firstSubMenuHref [/menu]

doesnt seem to make it appear on the custom menu as it does on the CB menu

what am I missing here?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: core menu items links
I've no idea what the menu tags are for, CB has no such substitution. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do, but to extend CB Menu you need to use the PHP API in a new plugin (see FBC).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jakobe75
  • jakobe75
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205650 by jakobe75
why do I need a plugin to add a custom menu?...this was the way I was told to create a custom menu previously.

I want to achieve a horizontal menu.

I know CB core menu plugin has one built in but since the horizontal menus uses mouse overs, it cant be used easy on mobile devices.

so I have to create one from scratch.

this code when entered into the cb menu tab's textbox area...

<div>[menu style="color:black; "caption="- Edit Your Profile - "img=""] _UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEPROFILE [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="- View Your Profile - " img=""] _UE_MENU_VIEW : _UE_MENU_VIEWMYPROFILE [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="Manage Favorites - " img=""] _UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_MENU_MANAGEMYCONNECTIONS [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="Add as Favorite -" img=""]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTION [/menu] [menu style="color:black;" caption="Report as incorrect -" img=""] _UE_MENU_MODERATE : _UE_REPORTUSER [/menu] </div>

Produces this menu on the profile:

View Your Profile - Manage Favorites - Add as Favorite - Report as incorrect -

however....the cb core menu (when turned on), adds like you said, two custom menu entry options. One of those I am using is called Message Inbox (as described previously)

What would the correct code be to include that entry into the custom menu?

for example if I wanted to add a menu item to my custom menu that "added a friend".

I would use this:

[menu style="color:black;" caption="Add as Friend -" img=""]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTION [/menu]

I need that ^ to produce the same thing as the First Sub-Menu does in the cb menu.

also, where the heck are the user reported profile messages being stored, how do I access them as administrator?

I got the email but where do I find the actual report? sorry, but I never use this function.

edit:
nevermind about the user reports...found this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/196827-solved-report-user-feature#196836

Moderators: beatnantkrileon