Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Activity

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205781 by pheinrichs
[SOLVED] CB Activity was created by pheinrichs
I'm looking forward to having an activity page on my site but not exactly sure how to use it with Groupjive. I have enabled Groupjive and Kunena in the config panel but I'm not getting anything. It could be I have to setup the "Activity" section of the plugin but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be entering there. Do you have any documentation on using this plugin? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Activity
It's an install, enable, done type of plugin. You don't need to do anything. The GJ activity is automatically enabled. People can only see activity they're allowed to see. So if you post in a Group that they can't access then they can't see what you posted. To start logging GJ activity create a group, join a group, or post on a group wall for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205944 by pheinrichs
Replied by pheinrichs on topic Re: CB Activity
Using cb 1.8.1, gj 2.5.3, kunena 2

Have cb activity 1.0.1 published with both gj group activities and kunena activities enabled in configuration but it only says "There is no activity" even after posting to a group.

Any suggestions?

12 years 3 months ago #205963 by pheinrichs
Figured it out. Activity Stream inside Kunena's plugins (in Kunena itself) has to be enabled for Community Builder. Now works.

12 years 3 months ago #205966 by pheinrichs
What I'm really wanting is to have a page where all activity from all joined groups is listed. It seems that activity from other group users is not displayed unless there is a connection or the activity plugin is set to "Everyone". However, under those settings posts from groups the user is not part of are showing up in the activity stream which becomes a privacy issue. Is there a way to have only activity related to joined GJ groups show up, preferably without having to set connections between everyone?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Activity
It doesn't show activity of groups they belong to. It shows activity of groups they can access. So if they can see Group A wall posts then it'll show them the activity of Group A wall posts.

Is there a way to have only activity related to joined GJ groups show up

No, it's not a GJ Activity plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon