Skip to Content Skip to Menu

facebook og:image property

• abrbhat
  • abrbhat
12 years 3 months ago #205802 by abrbhat
facebook og:image property was created by abrbhat
i've been using fb social plugin quite satisfactorily but there is one issue which bugs me.
It's that i've specified og:image to be [avatar].
Now, even though the file associated with og:image changes after any update of profile image,facebook continues to show that profile image on its post which was present when the first like was done.
Can you tell me whether this is an issue with FB or CB?
If its an issue with FB,can something be done about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: facebook og:image property
Facebook caches the information for a very long time. It'll eventually update or at least it should. At any rate there's nothing you can really do about it as it's stored on FBs side of things.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon