Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB login not showing up in the module list.

• sonny1
  • sonny1
12 years 3 months ago #206076 by sonny1
yeap, I did that. The only thing I realized it was no where in the manual mentioned that I have to create it by clicking 'new' in module manager.

Unless I have missed those instructions myself.

Now I have done that so now I am going to figure out how to make it appear on the front page. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sonny1
  • sonny1
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206079 by sonny1
read me install file at step 9 it says:

9) Add a list menu item:
(this will be the link to the searchable users-listing).
For this, go to "Menus" -> "User Menu" (for non-public lists) or
"Menus" -> "Main Menu" (for public lists), click New, then:

- in Joomla 1.7/2.5 select "Users lists" item in the comprofiler section
when selecting a "Menu Item Type *" for your menu.

but when I did that, I noticed there is already CB Users list present. Am a bit confused. Installation guide asks me to create a users list and then I see it also created one.

Do I need to create it manually or is it created by CB module already? Should I delete mine??

See the screen shot below: I disabled my user list but you can see the CB users list is there as well.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sonny1.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206153 by krileon

yeap, I did that. The only thing I realized it was no where in the manual mentioned that I have to create it by clicking 'new' in module manager.

Normally you don't have to. Normally one exists on install. Your install looks like it's established already and probably already had CB installed at some point.

but when I did that, I noticed there is already CB Users list present. Am a bit confused. Installation guide asks me to create a users list and then I see it also created one.

You or someone else created those. CB does not create menu links automatically.

Do I need to create it manually or is it created by CB module already? Should I delete mine??

Menu links need to be created manually, but appears you or someone else already created some so no you don't have to create any. You can delete and recreate if you want I guess, but that's up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonny1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon