Skip to Content Skip to Menu

C Auto action

• omaze
  • omaze
12 years 3 months ago #205956 by omaze
C Auto action was created by omaze
Hi,

CB auto action is really powerful but i have something strange :

i would like that people be redirect on 1st login : i only have the possibility for "before" and not after..

The result :
1. the user connect for first time = displaying the message
2. the user is not logged (he need to re-entry his login details to proceed for redirection)

Have you got an idea to fix this ? i guess that "aftr" and not before can fix this...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: C Auto action
There's no after first login trigger. You need to be using the after login trigger then check that [lastvisitDate] is equal to 0000-00-00 00:00:00. That should do the trick I believe (it may get set before this trigger so this may not work).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• omaze
  • omaze
12 years 3 months ago #206046 by omaze
Replied by omaze on topic Re: C Auto action
thank you.. i'll try this.. i have an other question.. i need to control the content of an "external" field of CB.. I'm using some other components (for job recruitment, and other..
How can i use auto action for "non CB fields" ?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206050 by krileon
It depends, you need to be more specific as to what you intend to do with the content outside of CB as well as define what outside of CB means. If you want to display a value from a different database on profile as a field you'd use CB Query Field for that and not CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• omaze
  • omaze
12 years 3 months ago #206059 by omaze
Replied by omaze on topic Re: C Auto action
1./ firts log :
I forgot to tell that redirection will depend on one value i created in the registration form...

Then my trigger was : first login / conditional : the value of this field..
Is there a way to wave the 2 conditions :
- first log
- redirect depending of value of the field
??

2 / i'm using 2 others components: jomsocia (sorry i tested groupjive, but not enough for our needs) and instant php jobs..

I need to change ACL group depending on value of a field form jomsocial or Jobs..

I know haow to manage the ACL change from auto action.. but don't know how to read from external field..

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206064 by krileon

1./ firts log :
I forgot to tell that redirection will depend on one value i created in the registration form...

Then my trigger was : first login / conditional : the value of this field..
Is there a way to wave the 2 conditions :
- first log
- redirect depending of value of the field
??

You can have as many conditions as you want. Simply click the + next to the conditional.

(sorry i tested groupjive, but not enough for our needs)

Curios what Jomsocial groups has that GroupJive doesn't, care to provide further feedback?

I need to change ACL group depending on value of a field form jomsocial or Jobs..

None of our plugins will work with Jomsocial. CB Auto Actions uses CB triggers.

I know haow to manage the ACL change from auto action.. but don't know how to read from external field..

You'd need to use CB Query Field to query for the value. Then substitute that value as a conditional in CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon