Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Profile and ACL

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206111 by fribse2011
[SOLVED] Profile and ACL was created by fribse2011
Hi guys

I'm struggling with formatting the profile properly.
My tabs are shown based on ACL and CB privacy.
This works ok on the profile view:

At the top right there is an area that holds all sorts of status info.
All the status fields are marked read-only.
These are the fields:

But when I then edit the profile, it shows the status tab nevertheless, and as an empty tab, as they are all readonly.

How do I make that tab not show up on the edit profile?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago #206147 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Profile and ACL
After quite a lot of trial and error, I've found out that the two fields that makes it appear on the 'edit profile' page, although it appears empty, are the forumrank forumkarma and forumposts.

If I move those to a tab that holds public info, the status tab is not shown on the edit page, but now the profile window is a bit messed up.

The forum fields are now to the left of the window, although they belong to the right.
The reason for not just having a left and a right is also due to fields lengths.
But now the edit profile looks like this:

I don't understand why it insists on showing the tab when the two fields are there, on 'edit profile' despite the fact that they are read only, and the fields themselves are not shown.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile and ACL
You can remove a tabs profile edit display using CB Privacy. Edit the tab within CB > Tab Management and adjust "Front-end edit:" as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago #206219 by fribse2011
Ok, that removed it, still, strange that readonly fields make it show up on edit.

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile and ACL
Read only fields are visible on profile edit. They just can't be edited. I've no idea why they're completely gone. Perhaps you removed them with CB Privacy as well as set read only?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 3 months ago #206234 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

The intention was for them to be gone from the edit, and show on the profile.
That is exactly what is happening now, so all is well, thankyou for the help!

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon