Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] AUP summary brings me to wrong registration page

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206392 by jabrister
I also have this question out in the Alpha Plug Forum (which is terribly slow to respond - I wish you had a user points system), I thought you might have some insight to the solution as well.

When I have been idle for a long time (not sure exactly how long it takes, I believe it was set to the default of 3600) and I choose one of the items in the AUP's menu, it brings me to a page that asks me to sign in or sign up. When I choose the "sign up option" it brings me to a different sign up (or register) page compared to that from CB.

Where is the setting that controls that (i.e. how may I change this)?

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206419 by krileon
Install CB Core Redirect (free download) and it'll redirect from Joomla login/registration pages to CBs. If it's not Joomlas and not CBs then no idea what it is and you'll need to contact AUP for support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 2 months ago #206546 by jabrister
When I installed CB, didn't I turn off the native joomla registration and turn on CB's? So, why would I install CB core redirect?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206579 by krileon
I've no idea what you did and did not do. I also have no idea how AUP is going to behave. If Joomlas is disabled and it still brings you to a registration page other then CBs then it's probably an AUP registration page. CB Core Redirect would ensure it's not Joomlas, but if it's AUPs then you'll need to contact AUP regarding disabling it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206712 by jabrister
I just saw that System - CB Core Redirect was disabled. Do I need to have this enabled (it seems like it so I enabled it)?

Might this be the problem?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by jabrister.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206717 by krileon
Yes, once installed and enabled it'll ensure users can't reach Joomlas users pages. Still no idea what page AUP is sending users to though so it may not help if it's not Joomlas and not CBs page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon