Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Welcome e-mail in wrong language

• Kullus
  • Kullus
12 years 2 months ago #206496 by Kullus
Welcome e-mail in wrong language was created by Kullus
I'm in the process of setting up my registration form on a bilingual website (English / German). Registration requires email confirmation and admin approval. It works really well right up to the end, where I have one issue:

The Pending Approval Email is sent out in the language the user registered in. However, the Welcome Email is not sent in the user's language, but in the language the approving admin set for himself.

For instance, the user registers in German, the admin's setting is English. In this case the user will receive the Pending Approval Email in German and the Welcome Email in English.

Is there a way to force the language of the Welcome Email to be the same as the language the user registered with? Would it help if the user was forced to specify a language preference during the registration process? If yes, how would that work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Welcome e-mail in wrong language
Known issue, it always emails in the language of the user triggering the email. There's no fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2470

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• Kullus
  • Kullus
12 years 2 months ago #206592 by Kullus
Replied by Kullus on topic Re: Welcome e-mail in wrong language
Ok, good to know, thanks.

Is there a possibility to know what language the user used during registration? For instance, having the e-mail confirmation mail being sent to the site admin in bcc:? That would allow me to change the admin language to the user language before confirming the user. As I don't expect a massive amount of registrations that would be a workable workaround for me.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206593 by krileon
When you edit the user in User Management it'll tell you what language they've selected if they selected one. Aside from that no, not really. Can try using [cb:config param="lang_tag" /] substitution, but it'll probably just return the language of the site instead of user (can't recall)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• thiagocs
  • thiagocs
12 years 2 months ago #206621 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: Welcome e-mail in wrong language
Sie können in der E-Mail in zwei verschiedenen Sprachen gesendet gestellt.
Sie können auch ein Plugin für die Übersetzung.
Sie können Ihre Backend-CB übersetzen, gibt es auf den Internet-Übersetzungen für nahezu alle Sprachen.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206664 by krileon

Sie können in der E-Mail in zwei verschiedenen Sprachen gesendet gestellt.
Sie können auch ein Plugin für die Übersetzung.
Sie können Ihre Backend-CB übersetzen, gibt es auf den Internet-Übersetzungen für nahezu alle Sprachen.

You can put in the sent e-mail in two different languages​​.
You can also use a plugin for the translation.
You can translate your back-CB, there are translations on the Internet for almost all languages​​.

The problem is when a Admin/Moderator approves a registration, registers a user from backend, confirms the user from backend, etc.. it will send in the language of that Admin/Moderator instead of the language of the user. So if the Admin/Moderator is set to English and the user is set to German then the user will receive an English email. This doesn't matter if the workflows is all done from frontend and there's no approval needed.

Having both languages in the email 1 after another of course is an alternative solution for the time being.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon