Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Error CB registration page

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206568 by Freshpage
[SOLVED] Error CB registration page was created by Freshpage
I am getting the following error on the CB registration page and the user profile page on the front end:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>cboi/public_html/plugins/system/debug/debug.php on line 303

Everything was working OK until recently. The only major change I have made is to upgrade CB Subs from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and install Bot Subs 2.0.2 . I have also created a CB subs

I have disabled all plugins but am still getting problem.

Here are my versions:

Joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.3
CB 1.8.1
CB Conditional 1.8.0
CB Subs 2.0.2

I see these errors on the "Check Community Builder User Fields Database" tool:

When I attempt to automatically fix, I get this error:

500 - An error has occurred.

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'avatar' used in key specification without a key length SQL=ALTER TABLE `sj20o_comprofiler` CHANGE `avatar` `avatar` mediumtext
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Freshpage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206583 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Error CB registration page

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>cboi/public_html/plugins/system/debug/debug.php on line 303

No idea, not enough callstack so no idea where the error is coming from. Try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and see if issue persists.

I see these errors on the "Check Community Builder User Fields Database" tool:

Did you change the varchars in cb.core.xml to mediumtext? This is a workaround for hitting column size limit in database, but doesn't need to be applied to avatar field. Edit cb.core.xml and set avatar type to varchar(255) from mediumtext.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
12 years 2 months ago #206614 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic Re: Error CB registration page
Enabling full Joomla debug, this is the error message when trying to access the registration page (the page doesn't display):

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home/cboi/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512 Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/cboi/public_html/plugins/system/debug/debug.php on line 303

• thiagocs
  • thiagocs
12 years 2 months ago #206617 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: Error CB registration page
Try turn off the cache system of your joomla site

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
12 years 2 months ago #206627 by Freshpage
Cache is already off

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
12 years 2 months ago #206628 by Freshpage
Sorry I'll close this. The root problem was a CSS error which was hiding half the page.
It seems the error in debug.php is not related.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon