Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs plugin version 3.1 Setup & Config

12 years 2 months ago #206744 by KillerSurfLinks
CB Blogs plugin version 3.1 Setup & Config was created by KillerSurfLinks
Can someone point me to some good documentation on how to set up the CB Blogs plugin version 3.1

Do I need to work both in both Joomla Blog admin screens and CB Blog admin screens?

I installed a clean copy of 310 tonight and want to do a couple of things.

1. I want to create categories.
2. Create a menu link to ALL Public Blogs.

Any documentation or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206792 by krileon
Incubator projects come with little or not documentation. In this case there is none.

You first need to create a Blogs section (on J2.5 this is also a category) within Joomla > Content > Category or Section Manager. Once done you'll create categories in the section (on J2.5 these would be sub categories). Those categories (or sub categories) will be the categories users select to place their blogs (note you can have unlimited depth, so sub categories of categories). Example setup as follows on J2.5.

Blogs
- General
- Sports
- - Football
- Games
- - Minecraft

Once done navigate to CB > Plugin Management > Blogs > Config > CMS > Section and select the "Blogs" section (on J2.5 this is the "Blogs" category). Now you're done. Just go to frontend and click "New Blog" in the Blogs tab and you can blog away. If you want a link going to blogs then just create a link going to the Joomla content section (on J2.5 this is a category) "Blogs". You can also use other extensions that also display Joomla content all fancy-like as well as it stores the blogs to Joomla content database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KillerSurfLinks

12 years 2 months ago #206829 by KillerSurfLinks
Replied by KillerSurfLinks on topic Re: CB Blogs plugin version 3.1 Setup & Config
This is Exactly what I was looking for Krileon.

Can you point me to some extensions that display "Fancy-like" content.

12 years 2 months ago #206832 by KillerSurfLinks
Replied by KillerSurfLinks on topic Re: CB Blogs plugin version 3.1 Setup & Config
Kileon,

What blog is used on the Joomlaopis website? I have a tab on my profile named "ProfileBlog" and the newest version of the CB Blog I just installed is nothing like it.

Mike

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206886 by krileon

Can you point me to some extensions that display "Fancy-like" content.

Don't have any Joomla content recommendations. You can find several at Joomla.org. You can also just use Joomlas normal content display.

What blog is used on the Joomlaopis website? I have a tab on my profile named "ProfileBlog" and the newest version of the CB Blog I just installed is nothing like it.

On profile we use CB ProfileBook and its Blog tab. Throughout the rest of the site it's just Joomla. CB Blogs using Joomla to store entries allows Joomla extensions that alter Joomla content to also apply to blogs. This means you could use comment extensions for example and have commenting on blogs. CB Blogs is significantly more powerful then CB ProfileBook, but if all you need is a very simple blog then CB ProfileBook maybe the best option (has no categories, no commenting, contained purely in profile tab, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon