Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Trouble with CB Connect

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207344 by ronakvyas86
[SOLVED] Trouble with CB Connect was created by ronakvyas86
I'm having one question regarding CB connect and two problems:

My Question: What do I have to do to insert a "Login with facebook" button in an article which functions similar to the one that appears in the login module after setting up CB Connect?

I've tried putting the facebook login button in an article by following the instructions at developers.facebook.com but it didn't help. The user couldn't even login on my site through that button. So, what to do?

The problems:

1) After logging in via facebook from the login module, the "unlink" option from the "menu" tab (CB Menu Plugin) did not work.

2)Similarly, the "invite" option from the "menu" tab (CB Menu Plugin) also did not work.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT SOMEONE
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207360 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Trouble with CB Connect

My Question: What do I have to do to insert a "Login with facebook" button in an article which functions similar to the one that appears in the login module after setting up CB Connect?

You can't do this without the login module being present on the page. The login module is what loads in the API and the JS. If the login module is present then you can use the below for example.
Code:
<a href="javascript: void(0);" onclick="facebook_login()">Login with Facebook</a>

I've tried putting the facebook login button in an article by following the instructions at developers.facebook.com but it didn't help. The user couldn't even login on my site through that button. So, what to do?

That has zero affect on CB Conditional.

1) After logging in via facebook from the login module, the "unlink" option from the "menu" tab (CB Menu Plugin) did not work.

Known bug fixed for next release.

2)Similarly, the "invite" option from the "menu" tab (CB Menu Plugin) also did not work.

Same bug as the unlink, which is also fixed for next release. The workaround is to ensure the login module is show on the profile page.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT SOMEONE

Please don't do this. We're here to help. There's no reason to yell to us that you need help. That's pretty much assumed as these are support forums. It will not speed up response times and it will not give you priority. Response time for professionals is within 1 business day. In your case it has been 2 hours. This is liable to actually get your support answered absolutely last, if at all; basically it's not appreciated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronakvyas86

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207366 by ronakvyas86
Replied by ronakvyas86 on topic Re: Trouble with CB Connect
That was very helpful, solved the problem. thanks a lot.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ronakvyas86.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon