Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Display this field is visible on profile edit.

12 years 2 months ago #207416 by celestine63
Hi everyone, I know this has probably been addressed elsewhere but I couldn't find it, I have created five fields for Address eg. Street, Suburb, State, Zip Code, Country. I want to display these on one line the only way I have figured out how to do this, is to use a delimiter field then hide / not show original fields on profile, however after doing this the aforementioned fields have (this field is not visible on profile) in the profile edit & I do not want mislead my users & it's important that these fields are filled out. So how can I hide these fields but still display this field is visible.

I also have one more supplementary question, I notices when I was filling out my CB billing information form that after I selected my Country the appropriate State & Zip Codes then appeared, I would appreciate a link to information or tutorial about how to do this.

thx in advance Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #207458 by krileon
Add the fields to a tab that is in a not shown on profile position. Once done use a delimiter field to display them on profile. This will the display you want while also allowing the fields to be edited in profile edit as normally.

We have no dynamic country/state/zip fieldtype. It's possible you could try doing this with CB Conditional or seeing if someone has developed such a fieldtype plugin. What see during purchase here at Joomlapolis is CBSubs, which is separate from CB it self and it has this feature built into it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon