Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Free Lifetime Plan at Reg Based on Fields?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #207422 by Hotties Wrestle
I'm trying to create free plans to be automatically chosen based on some fields selected during the registration process.

Lets say we have the drop down field "profile type" with the options:
Actor/Actress
Agency
Fan

Can it be made so those options are used as a conditional for which plan is eligible to show up, be auto selected, then hidden via CSS so it's transparent to the user?

From these free plans, they'll have upgrade possibilities based on the children of the main plan, as well as some access controls (fans don't need to upload to JoomGallery for instance, or be able to post in certain forums)

We'd love to have a forum setup similar to Joomlapolis, where all users can read most forums, but only post in certain ones if they have a certain subscription type. That's done via Integrations/Extensions/URL-Parts and some regex?

Sorry for two posts in a row :(
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #207459 by krileon
Best I can suggest is set your plans as non-exclusive then mark them all as Default. Now on the Workflows tab add conditionals to check for field matching that you want. Then use CSS to hide the CBSubs selection. This may do the trick and provide hidden plan selections. As they are set to default they should all be checked by default.

That's done via Integrations/Extensions/URL-Parts and some regex?

Yes, but you don't need regex. You just supply the partial URLs to CBSubs. Example as follows.

option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=create&catid=CATEGORY_ID
option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=reply&catid=CATEGORY_ID
option=com_kunena&view=topic&task=post&catid=CATEGORY_ID

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #207769 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Free Lifetime Plan at Reg Based on Fields?
I got one free hidden plan working on registration, and they can upgrade to either paid plan from there, so I'm happy with that for now.

I can't get Kunena posting protection to work though, even with this in the URL parts area, people who aren't on one of the plans can still post:

option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=create
option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=reply
option=com_kunena&view=topic&task=post

(catID was removed since this will cover the whole forum)

Does having this in multiple plans cause a conflict? I only want people who are in one of the three plans to be able to post, but everything publicly viewable.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #207810 by krileon
You'd need to protect those URLs with all 3 plans then. Ensure SEF is disabled during testing so you can verify the URL is correct in your browser, it may need adjustment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #207949 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Free Lifetime Plan at Reg Based on Fields?
That did the trick, thank you :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon