Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How do I change meta tags on cb items

12 years 2 months ago #207960 by gringo211985
How do I change meta tags on cb items was created by gringo211985
Hi there,

I need to change the meta tags for some community builder items.

Basically my "forgot password" page and others are using the same meta tags as my home-page, this is bad for obvious reasons.

My question is how do I change the meta tags on pages like "forgot password" "my-profile" etc.

Thanks in advance anyone that helps

PS - Joomla 1.5, CB 1.81 latest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How do I change meta tags on cb items
For future reference please post your support issues to the support forums. I do not monitor community forums and you likely will not receive a response from me there.

Regarding your issue, Joomla has no per page meta. You need to install a meta extension. You can also try using CB Auto Actions with a Code action and method set to Header to add custom tags to the header of the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #208180 by gringo211985
Replied by gringo211985 on topic Re: How do I change meta tags on cb items
Hi there, I have tried a few plugins but found that most will not do what I want and sefh404 or whatever it's called completely breaks my site by generating new URL's for all pages on my website.

I think this would be a good update for Community Builder as having the ability to change these meta's will help everyone's SEO

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How do I change meta tags on cb items
Maybe with CB 2.x, but for CB 1.x it's not planned nor needed as there are several solutions available. The very basic solution is a Joomla System Plugin to add new header information on any page you want. Please see my above reply again regarding possibly using CB Auto Actions to accomplish your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon