Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bonus time vs. subscription/activation date

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 2 months ago #208096 by apdt
Is bonus time checked against registration/subscription date or activation date? For people paying offline, there will be gap between subscription and when their membership becomes active.

For example, the membership plan start date is 1-Jan-2012 until 31-Dec-2012, bonus time is 2 months. User A and B both register on 20-Oct-2012.

1) User A pay for his membership on 30-Oct-2012 so he doesn't get any bonus and his membership expires on 31-Dec-2012
2) User B pay for his membership on 2-Nov-2012. When will his membership expire? Does he get the bonus?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208188 by krileon
It's based off their expiration date or payment date. It's not bonus time. It's a grace period. To say "we'll give you permissions still, but you need to pay". Renewing on time of course forfeits this. You can of course adjust how this behaves my changing the parameter "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" directly below grace period. You could set it to "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)" for example and it'd renew from their expiration date instead of renewing when they paid so they'd basically be paying for that grace period they just used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 2 months ago #208362 by apdt
Bonus time setting is different from grace period, take a look at the attached picture.

I don't have grace period for the plan but I want people who sign up within the last 6 months of the end of calendar year to get an extra year membership.

The question is if CBSubs decide the expiry based on registration/subscription date or payment date (this is actually when the plan become 'active').

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208390 by krileon
Ah I see, for calendar based duration's; correct, sorry for the confusion. What the bonus time does is say it's set to 1 month. If I subscribe 1 month before the calendar year is about to end then I am actually subscribing for next year and I get that 1 month free.

The question is if CBSubs decide the expiry based on registration/subscription date or payment date (this is actually when the plan become 'active').

It's based off your duration configuration. You have it set to 1 calendar year and that year begins/ends 07-01. So expiration date would be 07-01. If I subscribe, based on your configuration, 1-6 months before 07-01 of the year then I get those months free and am actually paying for the subsequent year; expiration would still be 07-01.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon