Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fields visible only for the current loged in user

• johanmeer
  • johanmeer
12 years 2 months ago #208164 by johanmeer
Hello All,

I want to show some fields only to the user that it is belonging to, and not for others.

When i'm saying that field 'show on profile' = no, than i cannot see the field in the profile overview of myself. Is that possible? so yes, how can i make that?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208202 by krileon
Move the field you want visible only to ones self to a tab that is in a not shown on profile position. Then use a delimiter field with an IF substitution to render the field on profile. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id="myid"][username][/cb:if]

More substitution usage information can be found below.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• johanmeer
  • johanmeer
12 years 2 months ago #208266 by johanmeer
Hi
Thanks for the answer, is there no other possibility? I would like to keep the tabs as the are. We have renamed these and otherwise this would not make sense...

Thx..

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208284 by krileon
Nope, not really. There's no option to set the field or tab to be accessible to ones self only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon