Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Progress field as trigger for auto-email?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208182 by
Hi folks,

How to use the progress field (completion) as trigger to send an email to an admin to e.g. review the profile upon completion of certain fields from frontend by user?

Thanks & best!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #208184 by nant

matthiasbehrends wrote: Hi folks,

How to use the progress field (completion) as trigger to send an email to an admin to e.g. review the profile upon completion of certain fields from frontend by user?

Thanks & best!

Please give more details about what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

12 years 2 months ago #208185 by
We want our users only to be able to subscribe for a certain CB Subs Plan upon review by an admin. This review shall be triggered by the completion of say six crucial fields in the profile. Admin will then manually set a field named 'verified' to 'Yes' which allows going Premium on the site.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Progress field as trigger for auto-email?
You could use an Email action in CB Auto Actions with the after profile update trigger. Then check that the CB Progress Field using a conditional is equal to 100 (example as follows). You'd then customize your email as needed.

[cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" output="csv" /] Equal To 100

The output is highly important in this case as the HTML value for the progress field is the progress bar. Asking for CSV will give you then raw % completed. You can also try [FIELD_NAME], but am pretty sure you need to use the above usage or maybe the below.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" output="csv" /]

Basically it'll check that their progress is completed after they updated their profile. If it is then send the email. I suppose you could actually not bother with the email and instead use a Field action to automatically set your premium field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

12 years 2 months ago #208211 by
Worked with the plain field name and 100 - but good to have the more complex expression just in case!

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon