Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Make frontend article editor simple

12 years 2 months ago #208457 by davidjoomla11
Make frontend article editor simple was created by davidjoomla11
Hi,

I'd like to allow the registered users to write articles via the frontend. I've used the menu "Create Article" and it works fine. However, there are many fields in the editor which are better off excluded.

E.g.
Alias, categories, Author's alias, Access, Language, Metadata

From the Article Manager's Option,
1) under Editing layout, have set the various options to "No"
2) under Permission, have already reduce the author's to create and edit own only.

But those fields still appear. Is it possible to have only "Title" and "Text Box" at the frontend article edit?

I know it could be a Joomla thing but appreciate if you can help. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208473 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Make frontend article editor simple
CB has no control over this. You'll need to review other editor extensions and try using CSS to hide some of the parameters if you don't want users using them. There maybe an extension available at Joomla.org for a more simplified article submit page. You'll likely receive better feedback from Joomla forums regarding this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 2 months ago #208493 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Make frontend article editor simple
for this kind I use (with very good experience the "user article manager". You can decide yourself which things you exclude. You'll find it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 2 months ago #208500 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: Make frontend article editor simple
hi jojo, appreciate your help. I've installed UAM but unfortunately it does not solve the issue. In fact, while creating new article, it looks exactly the same as Joomla's.

What I need is to remove the extra parameters in frontend creation of articles. i.e. Alias, categories, Author's alias, Access, Language, Metadata. I cannot find such option in the backend.

Is this what you understood and can UAM provide options to do so? Thanks.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 2 months ago #208523 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Make frontend article editor simple
because this is about an other program, I will send you my answer as a pm

Moderators: beatnantkrileon