Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Content Bot Help

• securepro
  • securepro
12 years 2 months ago #208594 by securepro
Content Bot Help was created by securepro
Installed the Content Bot Plugin, and I am trying to get it to work inside an article.
I enter this code:
Code:
<p>Testing Content Bot...</p> {cb:[cb:userfield field="onlinestatus" user="3" /]}<br /> {cb:[cb:userfield field="onlinestatus" user="#me" /]}

and I get
Testing Content Bot...

I checked the plugin is enabled and is first to load. It worked once, but is not working any more. Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208595 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Content Bot Help
Try {cb:[username]} as it seams to be working perfectly fine for me. Check that the field you're trying to render is publicly visible. If it can't be seen on profile or isn't hidden in a not shown on profile tab position then it won't show with substitutions.

Also note there is a J1.5 and J2.5 version of the plugin. Ensure you installed the correct one for your version of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• securepro
  • securepro
12 years 2 months ago #208602 by securepro
Replied by securepro on topic Re: Content Bot Help
Uninstalled Plugin. Confirmed correct plugin. Re-installed.
Now it is working again. Thanks.

Ok next task... Conditional If Then.
I went to the AllMySocials tutorial, which talks about conditionals for joomla fields, but I couldn't find how to use with CB fields.

I want to show different content in an article based on a CB field contents.

If {cb:[cb:userfield field="cb_securityconsultantlibrarywidget"/]} IsNull
Then show "Something"
Else show "Something Else".

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208609 by krileon
Please read the tutorial carefully. At the bottom of the page it shows you example IF substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• securepro
  • securepro
12 years 2 months ago #208612 by securepro
Replied by securepro on topic Re: Content Bot Help
I turned off the joomla editor and pasted all of the IF substitution examples in the body of an article. In the same article, I also have the fields we tested above.

The fields resolve correctly, the IFS are just echoed in the body of the article.
Code:
Testing Content Bot... {cb:[username]} {cb:[cb:userfield field="cb_company"/]} {cb:[cb:userfield field="cb_securityconsultantlibrarywidget"/]} {cb:The user [cb:userdata field="username" /] lives in [cb:userdata field="cb_citystate" /] and his name is: [cb:userdata field="name" /].} [cb:if [cb:userfield field="cb_securityconsultantlibrarywidget"/] !=""]something.[/cb:if] [cb:if user="#me" username!="admin"]This is NOT Admin watching.[/cb:if] [cb:if viewaccesslevel includes "1"]I am Public[/cb:if]

I get:
Testing Content Bot...

manufacturer01

ABC Company
Test

The user manufacturer01 lives in and his name is: John Manufacturer.

[cb:if [cb:userfield field="cb_securityconsultantlibrarywidget"/] !=""]something.[/cb:if]

[cb:if user="#me" username!="admin"]This is NOT Admin watching.[/cb:if]

[cb:if viewaccesslevel includes "1"]I am Public[/cb:if]

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208616 by krileon
None of the IF usages have {cb:} surrounding them.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: securepro

Moderators: beatnantkrileon