Skip to Content Skip to Menu

hide field title in registration page

12 years 2 months ago #208664 by imagiprint
hide field title in registration page was created by imagiprint
Hi,

I'm using cb conditional to hide or show a multiple checkbox groupe when a single checkbox is selected or not.
I would like to hide the title of the multiple checkbox group on the registration page. I've found the option hide title on profile ....but it's only on the profile page...
Any ideas ?

Regards,

Stef

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #208732 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: hide field title in registration page
There's no parameter to hide the title on registration. You'll need to specify a blank title for the field for it to be hidden. This is usually done using _UE_BLANK. Then ensure that language string is defined as follows.

define( '_UE_BLANK', '' );

Alternative is to use CSS to remove the fields title.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #208921 by imagiprint
Replied by imagiprint on topic Re: hide field title in registration page
Thanks for your answer, it works great with define( '_UE_BLANK', '' );
but....in that case I've problem with my list, I don't see the title in the search criteria.
So I would be interested by the CSS solution. Could you tell me which CSS file (and which instance of it) I need to modify in order to hide these titles in the registration page ?

Regards,

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #208950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: hide field title in registration page
Use Firebug for Firefox or F12 on Chrome/IE9 and inspect the title when viewing registration. That'll five you the classes/IDs you need to hide it. Example as follows.
Code:
#cblabfirstname { display: none; }

Recommend you place any such CSS at the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file so changes won't be lost on upgrade of CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon