Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Events in Group Jive

• axaler
  • axaler
12 years 1 month ago #209293 by axaler
Events in Group Jive was created by axaler
Hi,
I installed GroupJive I would only use for events.
Actually events are teaching classes limited to 10 people.
I'd like to know:
1) How can I do to limit to 10 the number of people who can participate?
(I know PHP and can also change the code to any file if you point me where to make the change)
2) When you reach the limit of 10 people is it possible to change the button "Attend" to "Full - Please choose another date"?
3) Is it possible to eliminate the two buttons "Maybe attending" and "Not attending"?
See image
Thanks for an answer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #209306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Events in Group Jive
You installed GJ purely for Events? I don't recommend doing so. It's meant for so so much more. Using it purely for events is just loading down your site unnecessarily. I suggest using a Joomla extension designed purely for events.

At any rate if you still want to use it you can create a template override for the GJ Events integration or edit the events plugin then adjust the display however you like.

You can find the Events integration at the following location, sorry I can't help you edit it.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/

To create a template override you'd need to create a PHP file in your GJ template folder named "cbgroupjiveevents.php" and in it you'd have a class named "HTML_cbgroupjiveevents" with a function of "showEvents". This function would override the display built into the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon