Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Cb Connect Facebook Activity Feed

• Jaffa12
  • Jaffa12
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #209375 by Jaffa12
Hi,

I've installed CB Connect with the intention of displaying the Facebook activity feeds of my users within their profile page but the plugin doesn't appear to allow me to do that. When I create a new field of Facebook Social Plugin type and choose the drop down option - Social Plugin - there is no option to display USER - Activity Feed. However there is an option to display SITE - Activity Feed. Can you advise if there is a setting that will allow user activity feeds to become active? The screenshot on your CBConnect page appears to show it available under USER.
I really only decided to install this plugin for that specific purpose so it is of very little use to me without that option.

Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #209394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Cb Connect Facebook Activity Feed
Activity feed isn't user specific; it's domain specific, which is why it's under Site scope. You can read about how it's used more specifically below.

developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/activity/

Facebook doesn't offer what you're wanting as a Social Plugin so naturally CB Connect can't provide what does not exist. It's possible through Facebook API, but if you did it on a scale of user by user you'd hit API limits daily and then they'd ban your application indefinitely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Jaffa12
  • Jaffa12
12 years 1 month ago #209450 by Jaffa12
Replied by Jaffa12 on topic Re: Cb Connect Facebook Activity Feed
Thanks Krileon. That makes sense. I'll just disable it. Wasn't critical but just something I thought our users might like to add to their profiles.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon