Skip to Content Skip to Menu

translation does not send password

• comyoo
  • comyoo
12 years 1 month ago #209479 by comyoo
translation does not send password was created by comyoo
In the dutch translationfile there were some English sentences. So I translated it into dutch, but the password of the DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_MSG', isn't send along with the e-mail.
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_SUB','Nieuw wachtwoord de4eMusketier.nl'); DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_MSG','Via de website is een nieuw wachtwoord aangevraagd voor uw account.\n' .'Uw nieuwe wachtwoord is: %s\n\n' .'Heeft u zelf niet om een nieuw wachtwoord gevraagd, wees niet ongerust. U kunt met bovenstaand wachtwoord inloggen. Dit is alleen naar uw eigen emailadres gestuurd. U kunt daarna uw wachtwoord weer aanpassen naar het wachtwoord dat u wenst.');

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• comyoo
  • comyoo
12 years 1 month ago #209491 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: translation does not send password
if the dutch.php file contains this:
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_SUB','New password for: %s'); DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_MSG','The user account %s has this email associated with it.\n' .'A web user from %s has just requested that a new password be sent.\n\n' .'Your New Password is: %s\n\n' .'If you didn\'t ask for this, don\'t worry.' .' You are seeing this message, not them. If this was an error just log in with your' .' new password and then change your password to what you would like it to be.');

The password is sent along with the email.

I translated it into Dutch:
Code:
DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_SUB','Nieuw wachtwoord'); DEFINE('_UE_NEWPASS_MSG','Deze email bevat een nieuw wachtwoord voor de4eMusketier.nl.\n' .'U heeft op onze website aangegeven een nieuw wachtwoord te willen krijgen.\n\n' .'Uw nieuwe wachtwoord is: %s\n\n' .'Indien u hier niet om heeft gevraagd hoeft u zich geen zorgen te maken.' .'Alleen u ziet deze email. Gebruik dit wachtwoord en uw emailadres om in te loggen op uw account.' .'Na inloggen kun u het wachtwoord wijzigen in uw zelf gekozen wachtwoord.');

And with this the password is not sent.

What I'm doing wrong?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #209507 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: translation does not send password
You removed two %s, so sprintf no longer matches. Re-review the language strings and ensure all %s remain or use %NUMER$s to force a specific value to display. For example %3$s is the password I believe. More sprintf usage information can be found below.

php.net/manual/en/function.sprintf.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #209532 by nant

• comyoo
  • comyoo
12 years 1 month ago #209794 by comyoo
Replied by comyoo on topic Re: translation does not send password
Yes, but the dutch file use the English translation of the mail with password recovery. So I'll translate the English part literal.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #209820 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: translation does not send password
You don't have to translate it literal. Please see my above explanation of sprintf usage. You simply need to replace your 1 %s with the appropriate %3$s, which should give the password.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon