Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Edit backend User Management fields

12 years 1 month ago #210465 by tlwebdesign
Edit backend User Management fields was created by tlwebdesign
Hi Guys,

I added a field to the user profile, but not the registration. The field contains a unique number that is linked to a user. Now i want to display that number (not editable) in the user field manager when i click on a user. or even in the big screen. Is this possible? And if, how?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #210466 by tlwebdesign

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210473 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit backend User Management fields
If it's a normal field you populated manually simply set it to Read Only or use CB Privacy to only allow edit for moderators. If it's stored in a separate database table you can use CB Query Field (see professional downloads section) to pull it from your database and display on profile as a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #210491 by tlwebdesign
Replied by tlwebdesign on topic Re: Edit backend User Management fields
Hi,

Thanks for your input. I manually did that. and now, in the front-end user details page it's displaying the field.

Now in the backend i want it to display in the admin user edit page. and if possible in the admin user manager, i don't think this one is possible. but the first thing i need i think should be possible. not?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210516 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit backend User Management fields
Yes that's possible. Just set it to Read Only and it can then only be edited from backend. If you want it hidden and only editable to moderators then you'll need to install CB Privacy and set its edit display to do as such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon