Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Basket timeout & mailer

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #210630 by apdt
Basket timeout & mailer was created by apdt
1) Is there any maximum limit time for Payment Basket Timeout setting? Is it possible to set this value to 30 days (30 * 24 = 720 hours)?

2) For Pending basket, what's the best way to automatically delete them after 30 days?

3) How come there is no substitution for Basket ID? I see a bunch of substitution but no payment basket ID.
Code:
[INVOICE_ID], [INVOICE_NO], [ITEMS_NAME], [ITEMS_NUMBERS], [PAYMENT_STATUS], [PAYMENT_METHOD], [DATE_ORDERED], [DATE_TIME_ORDERED], [DATE_PAID], [TRANSACTION_ID], [TRANSACTION_TYPE], [CURRENCY], [TOTAL_PRICE], [TAX_AMOUNT], [ADDRESS_FIRST_NAME], [ADDRESS_LAST_NAME], [ADDRESS_COMPANY], [ADDRESS_STREET], [ADDRESS_CITY], [ADDRESS_STATE], [ADDRESS_ZIPCODE], [ADDRESS_COUNTRY], [ADDRESS_PHONE], [PAYER_EMAIL], [ADDRESS_VAT_NUMBER], [INVOICE_CONTENT_HTML] (full invoice) and [INVOICE_ITEMS_HTML] (just table and totalizers) and [BASKET_CONTENT_HTML] (content of basket with totalizers) are outputed in HTML table format, and only available in HTML mode)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by apdt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Basket timeout & mailer

1) Is there any maximum limit time for Payment Basket Timeout setting? Is it possible to set this value to 30 days (30 * 24 = 720 hours)?

No that I am aware so I suppose you could. Is there any particular reason you'd want a basket to last that long?

2) For Pending basket, what's the best way to automatically delete them after 30 days?

There is no automation for this. This implies they've went through the entire offline payment process and that payment should be on its way. Deleting these automatically would be very very bad if a payment was sent late. You'll have to delete them manually.

3) How come there is no substitution for Basket ID? I see a bunch of substitution but no payment basket ID.

Basket ID is only used internally (IPNs, etc..); the user doesn't need to know this information. They'll need invoice id, invoice number, or transaction id for their records if needed that is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 1 month ago #210651 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Basket timeout & mailer

krileon wrote: No that I am aware so I suppose you could. Is there any particular reason you'd want a basket to last that long?

Probably not that long but some members didn't know they must click the payment slip link even when we display it with large font and thick red border :) We are brainstorming to improve our registration process. But good to know that there's no limit.

There is no automation for this. This implies they've went through the entire offline payment process and that payment should be on its way. Deleting these automatically would be very very bad if a payment was sent late. You'll have to delete them manually.

Noted. We are thinking of sending reminder after 2 weeks using mailer, telling them they need to pay within 2 weeks. I think 4 weeks in total should be ample time for them to get the payment sorted.

Basket ID is only used internally (IPNs, etc..); the user doesn't need to know this information. They'll need invoice id, invoice number, or transaction id for their records if needed that is.

Isn't basket ID the same as payment slip number?

We ask users to include the payment slip number when making direct deposit payments so I need to insert this into the payment reminder email. Many gave us feedback that they thought they would receive an email after registration with the payment slip number and therefore didn't print/write down the slip number.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Basket timeout & mailer

Isn't basket ID the same as payment slip number?

I think invoice id maybe the same as basket id, but I can't recall. Invoice number certainly isn't. Transaction id is subjective as it's set by the payment gateway (not basket id).

We ask users to include the payment slip number when making direct deposit payments so I need to insert this into the payment reminder email. Many gave us feedback that they thought they would receive an email after registration with the payment slip number and therefore didn't print/write down the slip number.

You can try invoice id, but I can't be certain it's also basket id. Typically they're supposed to mail in their payment slip and it provides all the information you need. This shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you've dozens upon dozens of pending payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
12 years 1 month ago #210662 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Basket timeout & mailer
I'll check if invoice ID is the same as basket ID/payment slip number.

We used the pop-up window before upgrading to the latest CBSubs. I think I have a thread here about the print button bug in the pop-up window so we can't use it. Plus, members don't always have access to printer when they do the renewal.

The thing is, we have fixed membership date so we are swamped with renewal around 2 months before and after the expiry date from about 800 members. Thankfully many of them use PayPal but we still have a lot of offline payments :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon