Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GJ Forum Category Subscriptions

• drdehart
  • drdehart
12 years 1 month ago #210692 by drdehart
GJ Forum Category Subscriptions was created by drdehart
J 1.5.26/CB 1.8.1/GJ 2.5.2 - We have a situation where a member has been removed from a group, but is still subscribed to some of the group's forum topics. So she is still getting notifications, but can't get to the forum category (since she is no longer a group member) to unsubscribe herself.

Sound right? Any idea how to resolve it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #210693 by nant

• drdehart
  • drdehart
12 years 1 month ago #210694 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Forum Category Subscriptions
Yes, I know. We have not upgraded our installation yet - still testing. Are you thinking that this upgrade would provide a solution to our question? If so, can you elaborate?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Forum Category Subscriptions
Yes, GJ 2.5.3 fixes a lot of issues in the forum integration as well as adds support for K2.0. Please upgrade as there are no known issues at the moment with 2.5.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
12 years 1 month ago #210772 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Forum Category Subscriptions
1. So are you saying that in GJ2.5.3, when a user is removed from a group, their forum subscriptions for that group's forum category are unsubscribed automatically?

2. With the situation we are facing (user still subscribed to a group's forum category) - will that user's issue be automatically resolved with the upgrade, or will we need to remove the subscription manually somehow? I am not sure how to do it manually if the latter scenario is in play.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #210853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Forum Category Subscriptions
No, it doesn't remove the subscription. It properly checks access permissions when sending the emails to subscribers however. It'll determine the user doesn't have access and won't send them the email. If they choose to rejoin they'll still be subscribed making the experience seamless. They can remove the subscription if they want from the Subscriptions tab of CB Forums though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon