Send email on profile image upload

• bigtuner
  • bigtuner
12 years 1 month ago #210999 by bigtuner
Send email on profile image upload was created by bigtuner
Hey now Everyone

Joomla! 2.5.7
Community Builder 1.8.1

When someone uploads a new image for their profile, I want them to receive an email. I must approve the image and so there is a delay. Users say they don't know whether their upload was a success and expect to see the image right away.

How might I implement this?

Thanks for your advice!

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #211001 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Send email on profile image upload
Enable moderator emails within CB > Configuration > Moderation and ensure image upload approval is enabled. Once done edit your user within CB > User Management and ensure your user is configured to receive moderator emails. You should then receive an email when someone uploads a new Profile Image (this only works for profile image, it does not work for other image fields).

It tells the user immediately that it's pending approval and shows an avatar with a pending icon. So don't understand their confusion. Perhaps they're missing the message if your template is missing the ever important message tag (test with default Joomla template as it always has it).

For a user to receive an email you'd need to use CB Auto Actions and setup an email action after profile update and check if the image field was changed. Aside from that there's no such feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigtuner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon