Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Last Visit Date is not updating

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #211938 by edjec
Last Visit Date is not updating was created by edjec
A recent discovery, prompted by and unrelated event, highlighted the fact that certain member's Last Visit Dates were not being updated by either recent visits, membership renewals or even new registrations. In the case of new registrations, the LVD field is blank. Some of the member's LVD fields are over a year old.

In checking the Subscriptions records, it appears to affect about 25% of recent member activity. Further research shows that all of the affected accounts have been properly processed for payment and proper records (baskets, payments, notifications, etc.) have been maintained by the system. So, it appears to be simply an issue of the LVD field not being updated. But what would ignore only certain accounts and process others?

I checked a sampling from our July records and found several affected accounts, and also checked about half a dozen January records and found none. I'm not sure when I updated to CB Subs v2.0.1, but believe it was close to July. Unfortunately, when I try to update to v2.0.2, it crashes the system and presents the WSOD, and I must roll back to 2.0.1. This was true on both the production and the development servers. The update must conflict with another installed component or module, but I have no idea which it might be or how to determine which.

So, the question is; is this a systemic problem not related to v2.0.1 (since some of the dates far precede v2.0.1)or has it been corrected with v2.0.2?

Note: we are planning to migrate to J2.5.x in the beginning of next year, so I seem to be saddled with this issue until then.

Thank you.

J 1.5.26, CB 1.8.1, CB Subs 2.0.1
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by edjec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #211976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Last Visit Date is not updating
It's not updated until they actually login. It's not updated during registration. Their CBSubs purchase during registration is not log them in, but simply just registers them. Once they've logged in it should then update as the code for handling this is directly in the login function. More specifically you can find it at the below location.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php
ON: Lines 2504 - 2511
OF: Function "login"

It won't work if you're not using CBs login. Ensure you've Joomlas login disabled. You can also install our free CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin, which will ensure users can't reach Joomlas user component and will always use CBs login/registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #211988 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Last Visit Date is not updating
Joomla login is disabled in Global Systems and the Joomla Login Form module is disabled as well, so that shouldn't be a factor.

I understand that registration doesn't perform any login functions, but this situation more ofter occurs during a member's attempt to renew, in which case they have successfully logged in to reach the renewal screen.

[strike]I'll install the Core Redirect plugin.[/strike] Unfortunately in this case, Core Redirects is for Joomla 1.7 and above

Thanks for your help Kyle.

Ed
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by edjec.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212035 by krileon
It's possible they simply never logged out. It only updates on login and if they're still logged in (cookie, remember me, still active, etc..) it won't update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #212069 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Last Visit Date is not updating
Doesn't the Joomla Session Time close sessions for users who have not logged out?

Given that a high percentage of people probably do not log out when leaving a site, and if the Global Session Time does not trigger CB to close it's session, is there a way to trigger CB to record Last Visit Date on session close?

TIA,

Ed

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212122 by krileon
Yes, but if they browse a page it'll refresh the session. For example if the duration is 4 hours and 2 minutes before it expires I click a link it will then refresh my session for another 4 hours. CB doesn't have its own sessions; it uses Joomlas. No, it does not trigger last visit date and there's no feature for it to. It updates on login only. You could try setting the session duration to a shorter time like 1hr or so.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon